The YCSA Family Service Program provides general assistance to low income families and individuals living in York, Maine.
YCSA Family Service Program
Mailing Address: PO Box 180, York, Maine 03909
Location: 855 US Rt. One, York, Maine 03909
Our Family Service Program provides:
- Fuel Assistance
- Emergency Funds: For rent, utilities, dental, medical, car repair
- Medical Equipment (housed at the YCSA Thrift Store)
- Food Vouchers
- Food and other necessary items from our Food Pantry
- Clothing assistance
- Camp Scholarships and other children learning activities
Persons who wish to apply for YCSA assistance may do so at the YCSA Family Service Program office. YCSA is now administering the General Assistance for the Town of York to qualified families and individuals based on income and residency in the town of York. Assistance includes:
- Personal Care & Household Supplies
- Food Vouchers
- Fuel Assistance (September to May)
The General Assistance Administrator must issue a written decision within 24 hours of receiving an application.
To schedule an appointment: Call Janie Sweeney at 207-363-5504 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. General hours of operation are 9 am – 2:00 pm, Monday – Friday, excluding holidays. Appointments are recommended.
- York County Community Action Corp (YCCAC)
- Financial Assistance: Connects people in need with programs and services that offer help through financial assistance, referrals, education and advocacy. Please contact the Kittery Office case manager at 439-2699
- Fuel Assistance: LIHEAP – Fuel Assistance for York County. YCSA can help you schedule your appointment or you can go to www.yccac.org/index.php/energy-programs/liheap
- The Department of Health and Human Services in Maine, toll-free telephone number to call with any question is: 1-800-442-6003
- The Maine Resource Directory can be reached at 211. The 211 directory is a list of resources in the area you are seeking assistance.
In an emergency, please call: 911 or York Police Department at (207) 363-4444.